More than 15,000 Australian students have enjoyed Code Camp so far!
Register your interest in our Winter 2017 Code Camps
Code Camp has been featured in:
Have fun while learning the skills of the future!
Code Camp on Today Extra
Why kids LOVE Code Camp
Four incredible camps, infinite possibilities
After teaching more than 15,000 students, we decided it was time to assemble our own incredible team of developers, teachers and tech entrepreneurs, and create something totally unique. We’ve built a platform, ‘Leap’, that will inspire the next generation of tech superstars, and allow our students to create infinite possibilities.
Find more info below on each of our Code Camps
Our little coders make their first small but important leap from consumers to creators of tech!
Our experienced teachers use a range of iPad based coding tools mixed with a healthy dose of offline activities to promote collaboration, creativity and teamwork.
Our most known Code Camp which more than 10,000 students have completed and LOVED!
Code Camp Spark is where every student in years 2-7 should start their Code Camp journey.
Brand new Code Camp lesson plans and software for our returning students!
Returning students will build on their skills and create new apps with increasingly complex logic, more code and problem solving.
Code Camp Leap is for our students who have conquered the Spark and Ignite camps and are ready to take on the world!
Professional teachers, software developers and passionate students.
Thank you so much for running the extremely successful and enjoyable code camp experience. Our daughter Mia enjoyed her time with your team in the great environment you created for the children. We are very proud of her game and will be downloading it on all the devices in our home, our families homes and more!
Sherobhi, Code Camp parent
What time does Code Camp run each day?
- Each day will be from 9am to 3:30pm
- Drop off from 8:30am, pick up until 4pm
Which Code Camp should my child be enrolled in?
- Year K – 1 students should be enrolled into Little League Code Camp
- Our Spark & Ignite Code Camps are for students in Years 2 to 7
Do you offer food for the students?
- No. We ask all parents to pack both their child’s morning tea and lunch.
Are the kids just working on the iPads and computers all day?
- When in the classroom - Spark, Ignite and Leap classes are certainly spent at the computer. However, it is important to know that the students are being creators of technology, not consumers. The computers are simply the tool for our students to learn, to collaborate, to design and to challenge each other. During recess and lunch the students have no technology.
- In Little League the students mix up their time between iPad activities, offline activities (coding board games, educational games, theatre sports, arts and crafts etc). We have taken great care in creating a schedule that incorporates many aspects of learning. The kids will be shown different ways in which they can relate to the technology.
Do you do private group bookings?
- We can look at this possibility based on the individual needs of the group. If you are thinking about hosting a small group camp at your home, please give us a call so we can discuss this further.
Will my child make their own app?
- If your child is attending a Spark, Ignite or Leap camp (year 2 onwards) they will finish with one (or several) apps which can then be run on their iPhone or iPad (computer and Android too!).
- For children attending Little League Code Camp attendees will create their own customised version of games they’re already familiar with such as Flappy Bird or Pong with a unique, shareable URL meaning anyone with access to the Internet can play it.
Does my child need to bring their own iPhone or iPad?
- No. With Little League Code Camp we’ll supply the devices to use.
- With our older Code Camps we’ll be using computers to code, and after the Code Camp is over we will email you links to download your child’s app.
What should I pack in my child's bag?
- Every child should have a hat for outdoor play, lunch, morning tea and a drink bottle. Please also make sure they have sunscreen on before arriving.
Do the kids go outside during the day?
- Yes. Sometimes we do have to drag the kids away from their computers as they are so enthralled in the new adventure they themselves are creating but we definitely do get the kids out into the playground.
- We provide balls and ropes which can be used during morning tea and lunch time to play with.
- In Little League we do have some learning initiatives that allow the kids to be outside during class time also.
How many kids in the classroom?
- The class sizes typically range from 15 to 25 children.
- We have run a classroom with over 250 students!
- We have incredibly high teacher to student ratios: Usually one lead teacher and 2-4 teacher assistants (depending on number of students)
Do you have any after school Code Camps?
- Yes. We’re currently expanding our after school Code Camps.
- Intro us to your school!
My child is 14 - do you cater for that age group?
- We often have slightly older kids come to Code Camps. Ideally we would have a full classroom of older students, but if not, and your son or daughter is happy to be older they are absolutely welcome
- Please call us to discuss this further
- Ask on Live Chat
- Email Amy via email@example.com
- Call 1300 CODECAMP (1300 26 33 22)