Build your own iPhone app
Are you ready to join us for 3-4 days of fun, excitement, creativity, logic, problem solving and coding? Design and code your very own app that you'll be able to take home to share family and friends!
School holiday fun
We spent the Winter school holidays teaching thousands of Australian kids (ages 5-13) at more than 90 locations around Australia. Come and join us for Spring Holidays, build your very own app and learn the skills of the future!
More than just a holiday camp
We're on a mission to inspire and empower future creators, innovators and changemakers to create infinite possibilities. Code Camp is just the start of our students journey to a new world of digital creation.
Why Learn to Code?
What is Coding?
Coding is simply telling a computer what to do by providing a series of step-by-step instructions, and it’s how we create software, apps and websites - all of which power the digital world we live in.
Superpowers and Superheroes
In today’s world knowing how to code is like having a superpower - many people have great ideas, very few can turn those ideas into reality.
Fun, Logic and Global Distribution
Coding is fun, involves logic, problem solving, computational thinking, psychology and a lot of design and creativity - turn ideas into downloadable apps with global distribution.
your first day at code camp
(i) 8:30am - 9:00am
Drop your kids off at Code Camp from 8:30am. Please sign-in your kids with one of our camp managers (hint: you'll find them in the orange t-shirts).
(ii) 9:00am - 10:45am
Welcome! Your kids will meet their teachers and start their Code Camp journey - designing and coding their very own app over 3-4 days 😎
(iii) 10:45am - 11:15am
Some time for the kids to be in the playground, play with their new friends and have a bite to eat 🕺
(iv) 11:15am - 12:45pm
Midday Coding Session
Creating actors, designing levels, learning the code and logic to make their characters move on the screen. Every student builds their very own unique app - the real fun and challenges begin!
(v) 12:50pm - 1:30pm
Depending on venue we'll have some handball games, soccer games, or make use of other school equipment (skipping ropes, balls etc.) While we do want your kids to learn the incredible skills of tomorrow, we're big fans of supervised outdoors fun too! 🏈🏀
(vi) 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Back to the action. Physics, logic, creativity and more. Over the next couple of days we'll teach your kids the code to add baddies, more levels, points, lives and so much more. There really are infinite possibilities!
PS: The hardest part of the afternoon session is telling your kids they need to stop coding and go home!
(pick up from 3:30pm - 4pm)
Meet OUR VERY OWN 'CODE CAMP WORLD'
Drag & Drop
Teaching students to code via drag and drop allows us to focus on the logic without slowing down due to syntactical errors (i.e. we automate a few of the intricate pieces - semicolons, brackets - so our students can continue moving forward with the logic and learn more and more).
At our three and four day holiday camps, kids in grades K-8 will build incredible games on our very own software platform, Code Camp World! Walk away with your very own app, playable via the Code Camp App store available for iOS and Android devices.
Code Camp doesn't end on the last day of camp! We send all our students weekly challenges to make their games even more awesome at home, and continue the high engagement. Build on your new skills and stay inspired.
- Each day runs from 9am to 3:30pm
- Drop off from 8:30am, pick up until 4pm
- Year K – 1 students should be enrolled into Little League Code Camp
- Our Spark, Ignite Code Camps are for students in Years 2 to 6
- Code Camp Blast is designed for students in Years 4 to 8
- No. We ask all parents to pack both their child’s morning tea and lunch
- When in the classroom - Spark, Ignite and Blast classes are certainly spent at the computer. However, it is important to know that the students are being creators of technology, not consumers. The computers are simply the tool for our students to learn, to collaborate, to design and to challenge each other. During recess and lunch the students have no technology.
- In Little League the students mix up their time between iPad activities, offline activities (coding board games, educational games, theatre sports, arts and crafts etc). We have taken great care in creating a schedule that incorporates many aspects of learning. The kids will be shown different ways in which they can relate to the technology.
- We can look at this possibility based on the individual needs of the group. If you are thinking about hosting a small group camp at your home, please give us a call so we can discuss this further.
- If your child is attending a Spark, Ignite or Blast camp (year 2 onwards) they will finish with one (or several) apps which can then be run on their iPhone or iPad (computer and Android too!). For children attending Little League Code Camp attendees will create their own customised version of games they’re already familiar with such as Flappy Bird or Pong with a unique, shareable URL meaning anyone with access to the Internet can play it.
- No. With Little League Code Camp we’ll supply the devices to use.
- With our older Code Camps we’ll be using computers to code, and after the Code Camp is over we will email you links to download your child’s app.
- Every child should have a hat for outdoor play, lunch, morning tea and a drink bottle. Please also make sure they have sunscreen on before arriving.
- Yes. Sometimes we do have to drag the kids away from their computers as they are so enthralled in the new adventure they themselves are creating but we definitely do get the kids out into the playground.
- We provide balls and ropes which can be used during morning tea and lunch time to play with.
- In Little League we do have some learning initiatives that allow the kids to be outside during class time also.
- The class sizes typically range from 15 to 25 children.
- We have run a classroom with over 250 students!
- We have incredibly high teacher to student ratios: Usually one lead teacher and 2-4 teacher assistants (depending on number of students)
- Yes. We’re currently expanding our after school Code Camps.
- Intro us to your school!
- We often have slightly older kids come to Code Camps. Ideally we would have a full classroom of older students, but if not, and your son or daughter is happy to be older they are absolutely welcome
- Please call us to discuss this further